Luxury Takes Flight with Wrist-worn Precision GPS Mapping
- Elegantly crafted GPS aviator watch features a scratch-resistant sapphire lens, diamond-like carbon (DLC) titanium finished bezel and interchangeable watchbands
- Aviation functions include full-color dynamic moving map, GPS navigation, NEXRAD weather display³, airport information and automatic flight logging
- Smart notifications¹ help you keep in touch, while sport watch functions offer wrist-based heart rate², activity profiles, fitness tracking¹ and more
- Dedicated Direct-to and Nearest buttons plus enhanced flight planning capability allow you to easily build/modify flight plans and transfer to the Garmin Pilot™ app
- Includes baro-adjustable altimeter, compass with HSI, Zulu/UTC time reference, timers/alerts and more
- Battery life: up to 12 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode or up to 35 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode
Ordinary watches have a movement. Revolutionary watches start a movement. Welcome to the revolution in global flight navigation, sparked by the D2 Charlie aviator watch.
With a rich array of color mapping, weather, waypoint reference and flight logging features, D2 Charlie sets the standard for on-wrist situational reference and backup navigation in your cockpit. You can pan and zoom the watch’s moving map to quickly expand your view of airports, waypoints, terrain, obstacles or weather activity along your route of flight. Wherever you travel, smart notifications¹ (emails, text messages, alerts and more) can display on the watch to help you stay in the know while on the go. And between flights, you can use the latest sport watch features — including Elevate™ wrist-based heart rate monitoring¹, daily activity tracking¹, training metrics and more — to keep up with your personal fitness goals.
Flight Logging Is Automatic
With wireless connectivity to your smartphone, the D2 Charlie series can make quick work of flight logging and other record keeping tasks. During takeoff, the watch will detect your aircraft’s change in altitude and automatically initiate the logbook function — recording date, duration, total flight time and route. Then after your flight is complete, it will sync this logbook data via your smartphone to flyGarmin.com and the Garmin Pilot app.
With its customizable data fields, D2 Charlie makes it easy to access the data that’s most important to you — such as current GPS groundspeed, GPS track, distance from waypoints/airports, estimated time en route, bearing, glide ratio and other key flight parameters. A handy altitude alerting feature can be set to notify you when reaching or leaving a preselected altitude. And you can also select a stopwatch function for timing approaches or flight legs. A baro-based O2 Altitude alert feature vibrates to remind you when supplemental oxygen is required at operating altitudes above 12,500’. Plus, various other timer functions with vibrating alerts can be set to let you know when it’s time to switch fuel tanks or perform other time-critical tasks.